Friday, June 26, 2009

Leaving this weekend...

I'm heading out of town today to join the guys from our church on a men's retreat. I haven't been to any kind of camp/retreat since college! I'm excited to have some time away and I have my wife to thank.

She is by far one of the most giving people I've ever met. As a mom, she nurtures our boys daily, grocery shops, cleans, does our budget and works! She is a superstar.

On top of doing everything for her family, she encourages me to do things like this, leave town for a weekend to recharge, regroup and most importantly, return. Being a single parent for even a short time is no walk in the park with young children and she is still willing to do the extra work.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you and I love you Jodi!

-Shawn

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Shawn,

I'm glad to see your family is doing so well and very cute, I might addd!

I'm trying to do a blog on Wordpress at seattlemom. I haven't posted anything for a couple of months, but I'm working on it.

We have a 3 and 1-year old too and live in Kent (right now we are in Australia). I would love to get in touch with your sister again, if she wanted to do so as well.
And if Jodi or your family wanted to get together for a playdate, it would probably be really entertaining!

My email is coliely@hotmail.com

Just let me know!
Nicole Yormark :)